A broken glass window can either be a meaningless occurrence or a big-time offence. A CCTV monitoring system can provide us with the answer to the mystery. Instead of wondering how it happened, consider investing in security camera systems to protect your family and your premises.
Monitoring your property during the day is not as demanding as doing it at night. When deciding which cameras to install outside and around your property, many factors and features need to be considered.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Security Cameras
Security cameras come in handy when we need to protect our possessions, but there are pros and cons to installing a CCTV monitoring system. Let’s take a look at some of them.
Pros of Security Cameras
- Today’s high-tech monitoring systems are equipped to capture and document events, actions, and even people’s words. This can then be used to assemble evidence in case of an on-site crime.
- They are an excellent way to keep track of wanted and unwanted visitors in your home or office.
- By choosing easily mountable or hidden cameras, you can observe activities outside your house during the evening, including monitoring the safety of your pets.
- The biggest pro of installing CCTV systems is that it might prevent intruders from entering. Installing cameras in a visible place could help deter them from any wrongdoing.
- If maintained, such systems can provide you with long-term safety.
Cons of Security Cameras
- Installing and maintaining security cameras can be costly, depending on the needed features.
- They are creating controversies in the professional sector regarding privacy invasion issues.
- Intruders and criminals are becoming tech-savvy and finding ways to disable the cameras’ power source.
CCTV for Night-time Monitoring: The Features
Reduced vision, weather conditions, range, and compatibility are just some of the factors that need to be considered. Extreme low and high temperatures can have an impact on the quality of the delivered video.
If you are getting security cameras in Perth, ensure they have high resolution and a larger and wider range.
When debating video quality, remember that colour cameras are better for brighter areas. When choosing a system, look for features like IR LEDs, spotlight, facial recognition, night vision, and motion sensor.
Other features to look for would be two-way audio, free cloud storage, and WiFi connectivity with an option to monitor the premises from your smartphone.
Where to Find The Best Security Camera Systems in Perth
The SMS Security team is a leading expert in home and business security.
We communicate closely with our clients to identify the type of CCTV system they require for night-time monitoring. To fulfil the needs and requirements of our clients, we offer leading CCTV systems, Dahua and IMOU. Their high-quality HD cameras allow for day and night clarity and are highly reliable.
Make sure your system provides you with the necessary security level, and contact us today to learn what SMS Security can do for you.