Protect Your Property From Thieves
Many homeowners are unaware that the weaknesses in their homes make them vulnerable to security threats. According to the crime statistics portal, there were 30 home burglaries from January to October 2016 in Busselton, Western Australia alone. So, if you have travel plans this year, make sure you keep our safety checklist handy. Do the necessary thing and secure your home before you leave.
Home Security Checklist
- One of the easiest things you could do to protect your home is to avoid posting messages on social media platforms, telling the world about your travel plans.
- Make sure you discontinue newspaper or any other deliveries to your home. Redirect your mail or request someone to pick up your mail for you.
- Pay a gardener to keep your garden neat and tidy while you’re away. This will give others the impression that you’re still at home.
- Turn down the ringer volume on your landline and make sure you turn off all alarm clocks so they don’t keep ringing when you’re away.
- Beef up your home security by installing the right home alarms. Test your alarm before you leave and make sure the alarm is on before you depart on your travels.
- Get in touch with local neighbours. If you’re going to be away for more than two weeks, notify the police of your travel plans. They might drive past your home when you’re away.
- Keep your valuables out of plain sight. Lock the doors and windows, and leave your curtains just how you usually leave them. Closing the curtains or blinds could prevent the police or friends from looking inside for any suspicious activity.
- Don’t ever leave your keys under the doormat. Keep it with someone you trust instead.
- Secure mail slots and pet entrances so burglars don’t use them as entry points to break into your home.
- If you have ladders or tools lying around the house, lock them up in the shed or keep them out of sight.
Holidays are meant to be enjoyed.
Don’t let home security issues rob you of your peace of mind. Get in touch with SMS Security for all your home security needs in Busselton, Western Australia. We have been installing security alarms for over 25 years. We know how to secure your home or office with the latest security systems.
Get a free quote
"*" indicates required fields