Christmas Wishes From SMS Security
Ho, Ho, Ho, tis the season to be jolly.
We would like to thank all of our customers for a wonderful year, provide you with some Christmas Security Tips and let you know that whilst you are enjoying the holiday season we will be hard at work making sure our customers are safe and secure (if you need us through the period we are just a phone call away).
Theft and burglaries tend to be elevated throughout December and January in Australia as opportunistic burglars take advantage of unsecured homes throughout the holidays and the incentive to steal your Christmas presents for themselves.
Don’t be a victim this holiday season and take the following security precautions:
- Lock all doors and windows (to this day 2/3 of burglaries are through unlocked portals).
- Be mindful of your security when working in the front or back yard or relaxing upstairs.
- Do not leave house keys under mats or plants or inside your garage (leave with a trusted family member or neighbour instead).
- Do not leave lights or televisions on all day and night thinking it will fool a burglar (it won’t).
- Don’t broadcast holiday plans or your cherished possessions publically on social media (you are making yourself a potential target).
- Close curtains and keep valuable items out of sight from windows and doors.
- Fold & pack away electronics boxes (leaving these clearly visible is again an unnecessary invitation).
- Remember to activate your SMS Security Alarm (and arrange Monitoring if you have not already done so before going away).
Thanks so much to all our customers for your support through the year,
We wish you a happy and safe holiday season and look forward to securing your home and business throughout 2016 and beyond.